Friday, June 19, 2009

P90X

If you've done P90X then you know the pain I am in right now. Christina and I have been doing it for almost a week. Well that's not entirely accurate. She has done it every day. I have been building a roof (rafters, plywood, facia, soffit, felt paper and shingles) with my father-in-law and I come home exhausted every day. So this week I have done them when I have the energy, but I WILL be doing it every day next week.

The first work out does your chest and back but it also gets your arms and shoulders. My shoulders and back are still sore from day 1.

When 2009 hit, Christina and I made a New Years Resolution that we actually kept. We were going to work really hard to change our eating habits and develop an exercise routine. Since that time we have both steadily gotten healthier and gradually lost some weight. However, after 5 months of the same routine, we felt we needed a change to reinvigorate our workouts. Enter P90X.

P90X is a workout system that has you do something every day. It does Back & Chest, Shoulders & Arms, Legs & Back, Plyometrics, Martial Arts, Yoga, and Abs.

Over the past few weeks it has become more and more of a reality that I am going to be serving with one of the most elite Infantry Divisions in the entire world. 5:30am workouts every day, 15 mile road marches with 50lbs ruck sack, repelling out of helicopters.... I will be doing it all with them in only 10 weeks. Now, Chaplains have not made the best names for themselves when it comes to physical fitness. I, however, want to show my soldiers that I will always hold myself to the highest physical standards possible as to never become a liability to them on the field of battle. So over the next few weeks I am going to do whatever I can to take my physical fitness to the next level.

Hopefully, all the tough manual labor together with P90X will get me there. I guess I'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment