Saturday, May 30, 2009

Temporarily Homeless

Yesterday was a huge success.  I wanted to get almost all of our stuff moved out (especially the heavy stuff) and loaded on the moving truck.  I picked up the UHaul in the morning and had 3 movers come at noon.  By 2:30 we where shaking hands, exchanging cash and they were on their way.  These guys crammed nearly everything into our truck and packed it wonderfully.  If anyone is planning a move in the city and is just looking for labor to help, you can find them on craig's list under "Blue Chip Movers."  
Anyway, we got about 95% of our stuff into the truck.  Today we will be unloading it into a storage unit in Wheaton.  No hired help for this one.  
Tomorrow, we will be heading back to the city to grab the last few items and do some maintenance on the apartment.  We have to clean, take out a bunch of trash and do some painting.  We painted the apartment different colors because we thought we would be there for a few years.  Well, one year later I'll be painting it back.  But, by Sunday night, all the moving, cleaning and painting should be done.  I can hand over the keys and we will officially be suburbanites for a few months.   I sure will miss the sound of the waves from the lake though.  But not so much the bus stop on Sheridan or the Red Line.  

Still no further word from the Army.  Hurry up and wait at its best.  I responded to the accessions officer's email with a few questions for him.  We'll see what he says but hopefully he can give us a timeline.  
For now, I need to be working out every day.  The Army does a physical fitness test when I arrive at training in July.  There are 3 events: 2 minutes of push-ups, 2 minutes of sit-ups and a 2-mile run.  To get a perfect score on the test I have to do 75 push-ups, 80 sit-ups and run the 2 miles in under 13:00 minutes.  

With that, I am going to go for a 4 mile run on the Illinois Prairie Path.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment